Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Reading the New York Times

Wednesday, September 2nd- read through Monday's NY Times to see if they had anything relevant to our class topic and came up with nothing.

Over this past summer I gave the concept of Social Design a lot of thought. I tried to narrow down what is relevant to my peers and gender. Realizing that there would be a difference in age and life experiences within the class I felt that it was important to hear what everyone within the class was interested in before I made a decision about any one topic.

I went on line to research the definition of "Social Design" and found that it is very open to interpretation. While scrolling through different websites I came upon socialdesignsite.com. They are a German based organization who encourage everyone to think about how they came make a small or large change in a positive way.

I also found a website called MakeTools.com which looks promising. Will keep the class posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment