Thursday, October 1, 2009

GGIRL presentations

We started presenting the GGIRl projects today and everyone was so receptive of each others thoughts and process. Whoever thinks that this generation is all about laziness, selfishness and self-indulgence has not met my classmates!

I am really proud of the way that the class interacts and accepts everyones differences. It gives the brainstorming process a chance to succeed. It provides a safe haven for the development of ideas and opinions. And it lends itself to learning more about each other and ourselves.

Melissa's bumper sticker/window cling is so well done. It takes a fun approach to some 'heavy' concepts and presents them in a visual manner that we can recognize and understand. I am sending mine to my daughter (she's at the University of Miami), because I know she will just love it. Although Melissa is quite she has a lot to say and she says it and demonstrates it very well- by the way you should check out her pottery one day- it's amazing!

Tai's hoodie was fabulous-just as "fierce" as he is. He has wonderful ideas and was able to demonstrate many complex issues concerning inner and outer beauty, self-esteem and how marketing and consumerism impact all of that. I saw one of Tai's stickers on the women's bathroom sign outside of Art History today and I just had to laugh. It was great!

Trish- is such a genius when it comes to anything technical and has such a can do attitude. She presented a very well thought out concept concerning women and make-up. By placing the stickers in around school she has started a dialogue with other students. That's fantastic!

I was really sorry to miss today's presentations, but I know that everyone has done a great job. Time to think about dinner and then bed. ttyl...

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your positiveness, fairness, and 1/2 full-ness, Anita. Thank you. Huge.

    ReplyDelete